Return to menu
Q and A
By: Mike Gashler
In this 3-part YouTube podcast, I answer a bunch of philosophical questions.
- 0:00 Do you think machines can really be intelligent?
- 1:45 When do you think machines will be more intelligent than humans?
- 7:20 What is intelligence?
- 9:55 How can machines learn to balance priorities like humans?
- 15:55 How could we build consciousness if we don't yet understand it?
- 17:35 What components do you think are needed for conscious machines?
- 26:40 What does that mean for society?
- 0:00 Do you believe in God?
- 6:10 What do you think reality is?
- 9:05 Do you think reality was created?
- 13:25 Do you believe in space aliens?
- 16:25 How do you decide when to listen to science vs. religion?
- 18:50 How could science say anything about the supernatural?
- 22:25 How do you explain the complexity of biological life?
- 24:10 Where are all the transitional fossils?
- 26:15 How did the first life form?
- 30:25 What caused the Big Bang?
- 32:15 Doesn't the Second Law of Thermodynamics prove the Universe had a beginning?
- 35:35 Do you believe in free will?
- 39:10 What is your basis for morality?
- 41:45 Do you really think society is alive?
- 0:00 How do you determine what is true?
- 4:40 Don't you put faith in science?
- 8:40 How can a person be lying if they believe what they claim?
- 10:45 Do you suppose God will excuse your unbelief?
- 13:35 How do you explain spiritual experiences?
- 17:50 How can there be good without God?
- 21:50 Would you share why you believe what you believe?